Out of work? Looking for a job? Not sure where to turn? No problem!
In order to support the local unemployed 8 work clubs have been setup across South Staffordshire in the districts unemployment hotspot areas.
These work clubs have now banded together to share expertise and best practice and have become a Charity known as South Staffs Work Clubs. The work clubs are supported by a qualified Careers Coach from Eyes Wide Open Careers Coaching and by volunteers with a background in employability and training, as well as local Councillors and Housing Association Officers. Our work clubs are extremely informal and you can discuss job opportunities and your development needs over a nice cup of tea or coffee.
At South Staffs Work Clubs we pride ourselves for seeing our clients as a person and being able to give that extra 1to 1 support. As a work club client you will have the chance to meet and help others like yourselves, swap ideas and jobs, develop mutual support ( and new friends!) as well as having the opportunity to receive a personalised individual action plan which will be reviewed at each session. All our volunteers are understanding, caring and approachable, and will try to help you in anyway they can.
All work clubs under South Staffs Work Clubs are FREE to attend and offer the following advice and support
- 1 to 1 Career Coaching and a personal development plan
- FREE access to the internet for job searching
- CV writing & cover letters
- Interview Techniques
- Mock interview and Assessment Centre Training
- Business Start up mentoring
- Talks from local businesses and support organisations
- Practice psychometric tests
- Access to volunteering & work placement opportunities
- Access to local adult and community learning training courses
- Information on local college courses
- Signposting to various support services
- Confidence building sessions
- Presentation skills
- Benefits Advice
- Budgeting skills
- Sharing of information in an informal relaxed setting
- Join our online CV Bank which is actively promoted to employers
- Access our online databank of personal development resources
The work clubs have strong support from partners in South Staffordshire and have received funding from the European Social fund, South Staffordshire District Council, Job Centre Plus and various parish Councils. We continue to grow in the level of support we are able to offer local job seekers.
Want us to come to you?
South Staffs Work Clubs have recieved grant funding from Staffordshire County Council and South Staffordshire District Council to provide an outreach career guidance support service to areas of South Staffordshire where there is no work club provision. This service is designed to help residents who are unable to attend the work clubs due to transport issues or because of a disability which they may have. This may involve a 1-1 consultation in your home or a small group session in a local community venue. Please call 07976 384195 for more details.
Want to join us?
Joining simply couldn’t be easier. Simply register a job seeker account with us on the login tab and find out where you local work club is and when it is on via the work club information page. Then.. just turn up!
South Staffs Work Clubs also offer a range of benefits to employers. A company registering a FREE employer account with us will get the following support;
- Add Jobs to advertise for a minimum fee of £20 for 30 days – an amazing deal!
- Register for a monthly CV newsletter of CV’s advertised which meet your selected preferences
- Positive publicity on a web portal which is actively being promoted by South Staffordshire Council and partners in the local community to support the local economy.
- All proceeds raised will be used to further support the charitable work of South Staffs Work Clubs
- Receive ad hoc notifications of useful business support events
To register simply create an account via the login tab